Human life depends on land as much as the ocean for sustenance and livelihood. Plant life provides 80% of our human diet, and we rely on agriculture as an important economic resource and means of development. Forests account for 30% of the Earth’s surface, providing vital habitats for millions of species and important sources for clean air and water; as well as being crucial for combating climate change.
We understand the importance of sustainable environmental systems. ROCF aims to conserve and restore terrestrial ecosystems by engaging in a wide range of activities. We focus on reviving plants, removing plastic waste, and reducing pollution. Our intent is to reduce the loss of natural habitats and biodiversity, which are part of our common heritage for current and future generations. Our goal is aligned with SDG 13 and 15, which also aims to conserve and restore the use of terrestrial ecosystems such as forest, wetlands, drylands and mountains, emphasising the urgent need for action to reduce the natural loss of habitats and biodiversity.
- Plastic Free Lifestyle: Conduct awareness camps and promote the adoption of a plastic- free lifestyle, partnering with eco-friendly product manufacturers and creating plastic-free ambassadors to roll out campaigns all over India.
- Tree Planting, Transplantation and Afforestation:
- Engage in tree planting in cities, along highways, and to replenish forests.
- Save trees by translocating them.
- Prioritise revival and adoption of the forest, promote the adoption of one plant for each person (as led by the Green Kanha Initiative.
- Collaborate with central and state governments for planting trees and maintaining parks.
- Engage with corporate bodies to organise planting events.
- Lake Restoration: Conduct revival of streams leading to lake beds, desilting, sewage treatment, wetlands restoration and revival of flora and fauna.
- Sustainable Natural Farming: Promote the use of natural fertilizers, cold press techniques, rotational farming practices for soil replenishment, and conducting educational workshops. Hold awareness camps in rural areas to promote organic farming.
- Waste Management: Promote education, adoption and implementation of waste management techniques in industries, households, restaurants and gated communities.